Saturday, January 1, 2011

The first link

This blog has been sorely neglected. When I last posted, I was all gung-ho on trying to write a novel. That went nowhere fast, and the idea has basically fluttered away on the breeze.

I need to write more. I had a conversation with a friend recently. We talked about a lot of things, including my unhappiness with my current job. I was basically told I had to stop bitching and moaning about my problems and just do something about them.

I read something today about Jerry Seinfeld's key to productivity. You can read the article here if you want. Basically it's about doing something daily, whatever it is you're trying to improve or achieve. Build a chain.

I may not write a lot every day, but I have to write something. I still want to write something big, but now I'm not going to limit myself to a novel. Why not a screenplay? Why not a play? As my friend suggested, "Just write an instruction manual. Write something."

I've tried in the past, and always failed at it. I'm not going to. This year, I start and I don't stop. I'm taking control of my life.

-BT

No comments: