Monday, February 9, 2009

Crazy Motherf***ers

Just a short post on the stupidity of a certain demographic.

Transport truck drivers.

Sunday evening, I was making the drive from Woodstock to Quispamsis, in what would charitably be described as a blizzard. Poor visibility, slick roads, not really a good night to be driving.

So imagine how I felt, seeing this giant truck coming up in my mirror, doing normal highway speed, or above.

I realize these trucks are a little more secure than a small vehicle, but they also don't exactly stop on a dime, and they certainly don't handle like a small vehicle. So if I can only manage 70-80 km/h on a four-lane highway, these idiots shouldn't be going any faster than me, never mind 40 or 50 more.

So how about our law enforcement officials maybe take a stand against this kind of dangerous behaviour? I know it's a bad idea to drive in bad weather like that, but sometimes it's necessary. So for those of us forced to share the road with these maniacs, do a little to protect us.

-BT

No comments: